There have been many posts about spring this year, maybe because it's been so elusive. Spring was here yesterday and here's how I enjoyed it:
- I wore flats without socks.
- My nephews were here as they headed home to Florida from their Vermont vacation. We had a snowball fight in t-shirts. We also took pictures on the bench. This will make you laugh: they wanted to know where all the trees were since they have only ever visited before during the summer and right now, the trees are bare.
- We took the dog on a long walk, avoiding the mud whenever possible, but enjoying watching him walking ahead of us with his tail held high.
- We grilled hamburgers for lunch and served them with fresh salad, chips, and pineapple. It was like a summer picnic.
- I took my car through the carwash and I didn't wince when I approached it in the parking lot later in the day.
- I cheered Garth on as he cleaned out the garage which has been full of winter silt, clutter, and general acquisitions.
Today, it is supposed to be cold again. We even have snow in the forecast for the middle of the week. One of these days, there's bound to me a more consistent welcome to the intrepid snowdrops and crocuses that have been peeking through.
Happy Day #23,