Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Slice of Life: Paying the Key-Kindness Forward

Tuesdays are for slicing about life. Join us at Two Writing Teachers!


Those of you who know my oldest daughter Larkin know that she can be pretty funny. You might also know that she can be a bit flighty-- she's an artist. She can even be a little wild-- comes with the territory when you're young, single, and living in Denver. So it's not going to surprise you when I share the series of texts I got over the weekend.

I didn't ask how she lost her keys-- or how her hypothetical friend lost their keys, and when I talked to her later that night, I still didn't ask. I do know she's on a tight budget, but we can't bail our kids out of everything, right? 

That being said, last night, the key story continued:


Whoever is responsible for returning Larkin's keys to her has asked that the favor is continued. I love random acts of kindness, so this is my slice for the week. Maybe the key-returner will get an even bigger return on his kindness investment by having me share it here.

Happy Slicing,


9 comments:

  1. Wow, how cool! We have started The Global Kind Project this week, so this is an example I can't wait to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic story- especially the ending. We are all connected and paying it forward is one of my most favorite concepts (and things to do when the opportunity arises). Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I get your title! Great slice that makes me think that Larkin has done some kind acts along that way that one so kind, would be done to/for her! It's all a cycle -- yes, a feel good one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adored reading this story. First of all, Larkin's second text cracked me up (i.e., when she admitted she lost her keys in an Uber). Second, I adore hearing stories about random acts of kindness. I'm confident Larkin will pay it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool!! Love that it worked out for her hypothetical friend. I have no doubt she will overpay the debt in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great story! I adore Larkin's writing voice in her text

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stranger put in a lot of effort to get Larkin her keys back. How kind. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww. I love it when things like this happen to restore our faith in humanity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blogs further more each else volume is so entertaining further serviceable It appoints me befall retreat encore. I will instantly grab your feed to stay informed of any updates. machine embroidery key fobs

    ReplyDelete