Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Slice of Life: December 42, 2020

 Throughout the month of March, I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge. I am happy to co-host this event with the team at Two Writing Teachers. Everyone is welcome!




These days seem to be full of curve balls. Since last Tuesday night, when I last wrote, the balls haven't even curved. They've taken right angles and then some. 

Over the weekend, I worked hard to decompress. Long walks, trips to a favorite bakery, binge watching The Sinner, and hard workouts filled the weekend. By Sunday night, I was feeling a little less overwhelmed with life...

And then this from my hairdresser. (Background information: while domestic terrorists were invading the Capitol, I was making sure that my hair looked good, getting little bits of news through CNN updates.)

We just wanted to reach out to our clients and let you know a positive test result has been reported at the salon.  If you have been there within the last 5-7 days; we recommend following CDC guidelines and get tested at your own discretion. Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience. 

Really? 

Yes, that's an inconvenience. Especially since my math had me there six days earlier. Although I asked for a few more details, none were forthcoming. As I write now, I have my negative covid results. And I am ready to declare the date as December 42, 2020. Instead of dry January as I'd originally planned, I'm going for dryer January. I need my pathways for making it through and handling these curveballs.


Happy Slicing,

 


5 comments:

  1. Didn't everyone kind of wait for 2021 to be calmer and more boring? If January still continues in the 2020 style, then eventually things should still calm down. In March maybe. Good for you that your test came back negative. Stay healthy and make sure you have plenty of decompression time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your Covid test was negative! Those curve balls really come out of nowhere, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear your Covid test was negative! Those curve balls really come out of nowhere, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief! I've been in a similar situation - the feeling of possible exposure, the frantic search for a test, the anxious waiting for results. I'm glad you tested negative - this stuff is NOT playing around.

    As for your choice on the date, well...at first it took me a moment to really soak in your blog title today. And when the knowing grin crept across my face, I thought...yep. Yep, that's EXACTLY it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2020 was one big curveball and, at the moment, it isn't showing much sign of stopping. Enough! Relieved your test was negative. We've had a few scares, too. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete