Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Slice of life 2018- 22 of 31

For the month of March, I am participating in the Eleventh Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge. That means that I am writing every day for the month of March in the good company of the Two Writing Teachers community. 


I could have easily been talked out of going to yoga at 7pm tonight. Dinner was ready, snow was falling, I had some work I would have liked to get done, some reading to catch up on---I had all sorts of reasons to stay home.

But I went.

Throughout the class, I was happy to be there. We had some laughter, some cursing about the snow, and appreciation for the balance of the day in the year when there's equal light and darkness--but my favorite part of the class tonight was the quote Amy shared as we came out of our final resting pose. I came home and looked it up, and found that it's a Swedish proverb:

Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours!
I especially like the part about talking less and saying more. When Amy was reading it, I thought she was going to say talk less, listen more. I loved that I was wrong and that it was a little more subtle. Tomorrow I will practice saying more. 
Happy Slicing,

9 comments:

  1. I have only heard parts of it - never the whole quote. Seems to be about intentionality in some way. Thank you for sharing ... and I am jealous you had dinner ready at 7!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great quote! "Talk less, smile more"
    I am hearing the song from Hamilton sung by Aaron
    Burr. I'm sorry the snow is still falling. I hope you have a good day of saying more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yoga and practice at home w/ a couple of different apps and YouTube videos. I also like the quote. I frequently tell students to write less and say more. I like pushing them to be concise, but I also like the silence inherent in "talk less, say more."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for getting out to yoga. That's impressive in the snow!

    I feel like I need to print out that proverb and display it prominently in my home office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great proverb. That goes in my writers’ notebook. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this! I am going to bring it to my yoga classes this evening and share it with my students. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great saying to think about and practice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to yoga tonight and felt the same way - happy I had buckled down and made myself go. Talk less, say more - WOW. So powerful!

    ReplyDelete