Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Slice of Life: What? Another snow day?

Tuesdays are for slicing about life. Join us at Two Writing Teachers!

5:30 am. I reached for my phone.  

Please let it be a normal school day, I was thinking. There were far too many meetings that would have to be rescheduled for even a delay to make me happy. One to three inches of snow, stopping by 3 am, should be easy enough to dust off of school buses. 

We already had a snow day yesterday. I wrote. I went to yoga. I met my neighbors and we finished making our limoncello. (Yes, you read that right.) I might have even taken a few sampling sips. I shopped, caught up on school work, folded laundry, cooked, even did a little more decorating. I had NO need for another snow day. 

We have another snow day. 

How do we have a foot of snow when we were supposed to get 1-3 inches? By my calculations, that's an over 400% mistake. #justsaying

The good news is I have plenty of time to slice, comment, and do some other writing. I'll focus on the good. 

Happy Slicing,

8 comments:

  1. I wish it was snowing here! Enjoy the beauty and wonder of the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another snow day! Yesterday, while New Jersey teachers had a snow day, Long Island was autumn-like but guess what? The snow fell delicately during the night and I woke to a beautiful dusting. Lady Winter wants to edge her way in. Have another fun snow day, Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sitting on my couch in jammies as I type this. Normally at this time my 3rd graders would be at their technology special, and I'd be prepping and planning. But...SNOW DAY. It's still snowing now. We had a delay yesterday. I have a love/hate relationship with snow days. Like you, I'll choose to focus on the positive. Have a great week!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  4. One snow day is a good thing. But there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. We have yet to have snow. I hope we get a snow day at some point this year, but not too many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow day here too. Allowing me to write and comment early! Enjoy that lemoncello!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am envious. And I also like the playful tone and rhythm of this piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, am envious! However, this was a great slice and I hope that you appreciated your snow day today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand how things can get backed up...but I still love snow days! :)

    ReplyDelete