Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Slice of Life- Where the granola goes... (or not!)

   It's Tuesday, and Tuesdays are for slicing.  Anyone is welcome to join us through Two Writing Teachers, slicing, sharing, and commenting on other slices! 

  


This morning, as I was going through my in-the-kitchen routines, I was pretty impressed with myself for remembering about an email I needed to respond to. 

(Full disclaimer: my morning began when I woke up checked my emails, and didn't see the expected notification that my call for slices had posted at midnight. Upon further investigation, I realized that I'd messed up in the scheduling department. Perhaps breaking a sweat, I published that post as soon as possible to the 
relief of the early morning slicers.)

I was also impressed with myself that I managed to have a conversation with a teacher who was driving to work while simultaneously (and quietly) unloading the dishwasher. 

I even remembered to retrieve the spoons I'd been collecting in my work bag which needed to make it into the aforementioned dishwasher. 

All this remembering must have tapped my brain because in true forget-to-schedule-the-post-at-the-right-time fashion, I poured granola into my coffee cup instead of my yogurt bowl. 

Sometimes multi-tasking isn't all it's cracked up to be. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! That is funny! Perhaps a tasty new combination? Your post really hits home about how many things are on our minds at once. Glad it was only granola that got a little mixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really made me smile. 😊 Life is busy and I could picture your relief, pride and then the mishap... oh dear!

    ReplyDelete