Friday, March 1, 2024

Slice of Life 2024: 1 of 31- I Am, I Can, I Will, I Do... (I think... )

 It's March, and March is for slicing.  Anyone is welcome to join us through Two Writing Teachers, slicing, sharing, and commenting on other slices! 

  


Over the last several weeks, I’ve been getting nervous about the 2024 challenge. I’ve done it for how long?


Thirteen, fourteen, maybe fifteen years. And it always goes fine. And I have always found something to write about. And I don’t thing I’ve ever missed a day. (Not bragging–just reassuring myself!)


But this year feels different. There’s so much going on outside of school and above and beyond the SOLSC.

Today, I received a few requests to be in classrooms (that's great.)

And had a tutoring session (love the student and appreciate the extra money.)

And received a few emails requiring responses and reflections (got it.)

And had a daughter call to say hi and another one call to make plans and another call to run an idea by me and another one call to process a really bad day (my most important work.)

And I haven't yet say down with my husband to see how his day was (I will.)


It’ll be fine, I’ve said to myself. I can do this, I’ve said to myself. 


Christine D’Ercole is one of my favorite Peloton instructors, and I’m locking into her motto. 


I am.

I can.

I will. 

I do. 


Here comes 31 days of writing in March. Let’s go!


9 comments:

  1. So happy that you posted right before me so YOU become who I'm starting my Slice comments with in 2024!! So happy to be inspired by you and your Peloton instructor! It is honestly bringing tears to my eyes. Tears become I feel so tired. Tears because I'm reminded of my connections to lovely writers (you at the top of this list) in this community. My day is so similar to yours (but only 2 daughters, plus an elderly mom) and it ends the same way, finally checking in with my hubby! So happy that we are both here, writing! Have a great day and Happy March 1st!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I have less teaching responsibility these days, but March still feels a bit overwhelming at times. I appreciate the free Peleton inspiration...and I didn't even have to subscribe! ...And thanks for cleaning up my opening day mess-ups on the blog. So far everyone else is doing things perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely got this! We all get the first day jitters, but the muscle memory will help you get back into your groove. Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting little motto. I always get the jitters a bit too, and I've only done 5 or so years. Kind of fun to know it never goes away! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am.

    I can.

    I will.

    I do.

    That's a good motto for us to have for March too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need that motto! I feel like this is the first year I don't have some ideas to start. Reading posts today is inspiring me though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your post. Such a perfect slice about being afraid of being over committed and things getting in the way. Great lines as you talk yourself through this: "It'll be fine, I've said to myself. I can do this."
    I'm sure you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great motto. I’m feeling like the outside pressures right now are a bit overwhelming. Like you, I know the writing will happen. Cheers to another March! ❤️Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all need this motto this month! It always feels so overwhelming to think about an entire month of daily slicing. But when we take each day as it comes and focus on one slice instead of 31, we absolutely can and do. That's a life lesson I constantly need to relearn, and I am grateful to be able to join the community again this year to remind myself!

    ReplyDelete