Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Slice of Life 2024: 13 of 31- The Challenges of a Water Bottle

 It's March, and March is for slicing.  Anyone is welcome to join us through Two Writing Teachers, slicing, sharing, and commenting on other slices! 

  

  

I am on a constant quest to drink more water. Therefore, when I didn’t get the asked-for water bottle for a holiday present, I bought my own. Now, I even have some financial skin in the game to hydrate. 


In keeping with this goal, I brought my water bottle to my meeting– I know I did. And I brought it back to my office after my meeting– I know I did. But, did I bring it home? I couldn’t find it the next morning. Not in the house. Not in the car. Maybe I left it on my desk.


Back at the office, I looked for the not-even-a-month-old water bottle, but I didn’t see it. I retraced my steps to the conference room and where I’d sat. Not there. When I returned to my desk, I temporarily gave up since I had a full batch of emails to address, but not before chastising myself (out loud) and my struggles with water bottle management. 


“Is that it?” my office mate asked, pointing to the navy water bottle on the table next to the paper cutter. 


“Yes!”


As I write, my water bottle is a little less new and almost empty… we’ll see how much longer I can keep it as a part of my life!


5 comments:

  1. I love this post because it is evidence that anything, even a lost water bottle, is good fodder for slicing. I want to buy myself a nice water bottle, but I know I will leave it all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You capture the search well with this slice. From your description, I feel we may have the same navy water bottle, does yours have a chug cap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am helpless when it comes to keeping up with water bottles, and so I have multiple ones. I'm so glad they are not children - - I leave mine everywhere and have great peace that they will turn up later, sometime when I forgot the bottle I was looking for. Great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So number 1: a water bottle was not on your wish list. Number 2: I checked Amazon and it was delivered first week of January, so it is in fact over a month old. Number 3: I also don't drink enough water, and I also leave my water bottle various places, most recently at the TJ register. I purchased some electrolyte packs that really help! I'll send you the link --HSA eligible!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking us on the search! This happens to me with my coffee mugs.. but would surely happen to my water bottle if I ever let myself get the one I want… that lights up to remind you to drink! I used to be excellent at drinking enough water… for some reason I struggle with it currently. Maybe I SHOULD buy myself the fancy water bottle…

    ReplyDelete