Friday, March 29, 2024

Slice of Life 2024: 29 of 31- I got stung (Actually I didn't...)

   It's March, and March is for slicing.  Anyone is welcome to join us through Two Writing Teachers, slicing, sharing, and commenting on other slices! 

  

 

I don't remember exactly what I had on my first guess, but it was enough. Maybe one yellow, one green. Second guess: going fine. And then somehow I missed that my fourth letter was in the right place. (How the *&^%$ did I miss that?!?!)

When I got to my sixth guess, there were two choices left. I'm still stinging, even as I write this 48 hours later. I guessed stunt and not stung. And just like that, my two hundred and something streak is over. As Larkin wrote in the family group where we all report our daily scores and I had to report my fail: NOOOOOO!

I've read other articles and analyses about the power of Wordle, and I agree with almost all of them. A little bit of dopamine: yes. Not a time sponge: yes. You're going to fail one day: NOOOOOO! 

Okay, yes. And even a little publicly since the family knows, as well as anyone reading this. 

A life lesson here for sure. And some things to analyze. 

I could have cheated. There are daily hints. I accept hints for Spelling Bee. I've been known to accept hints for Connections. Sometimes I'll ask my husband if this is a word when it comes to Wordle, but that's a different level of hints and cheating. 

Maybe I should have cheated. I can't believe my streak now stands at 2. 

Maybe by next March, I'll be in the three hundreds. 


5 comments:

  1. My longest wordle streak was 82. I just hit 83 again today. It was so freeing to break the streak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops- it is designed to suck us in. You will beat your streak. I am glad I am just a dabbler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Fact about me- I have never played Wordle, not even opened it. I have no games on my phone. When you're in the 300s you'll have a slice for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I feel your sting. I was in a 90s streak when I failed earlier this year, and it still hurts when I think about it. I've never gotten that many right in a row, and there I was hoping for 100 when I hit enter and failed......and was crushed.....we need cake, Melanie. Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The WORSTTTTT. Not to brag (okay maybe to brag) my streak is 103. But I couldn't get strands.

    ReplyDelete