Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Slice of Life 2024: 19 of 31- Julia is 26!


 It's March, and March is for slicing.  Anyone is welcome to join us through Two Writing Teachers, slicing, sharing, and commenting on other slices! 

  

  

UPDATE: I'd already written this post when I got a text from Julia that she is JOINING THE CHALLENGE for the last couple of weeks!! (WHAT?!?!?) This will be my slice tomorrow, but for any of you who want to wish her happy birthday personally, she's HERE! In this community!! https://juliameehan12.wordpress.com/

Welcome to Julia, and happy birthday to her! 

My post for Julia when she turned 17. 

My post for Julia when she turned 20.

My post when she turned 21.

And when she turned 22 in 2020. 

And last year when she turned 25.

I had fun writing this post because it is an annual tribute to my second daughter who has a birthday in March, and it's...today!!!  For those of you with children around this age, you might relate to the fact that 26 is a tricky age for some adult children because it is the arbitrary age when children have to leave their parents' healthcare plan. Off you go, Julia! On to the land of COBRA and higher deductibles! 

Reading through my past posts of previous March 19's, there are so many memories. Slice of Life has provided a documentation of over a decade of Julia's birthdays. 

Deciding on college? Documented. 

Making the decision to transfer? Documented. 

Celebrating 21 with bracketology and a tequila drink? Got it. 

And 22 at the start of the Pandemic. Got that, too. 

Today Julia is 26. 

As I looked through the pictures of the two of us over the last year, it was fun to remember the surprise meet-up at a UConn basketball game, her introduction to Solid Core, some great pickleball matches, boat navigation, cheffing it up with salmon bowls, and moving her into an apartment in Boston. 


It's been a tense year with 87 (yes, 87!) completed essays for medical school applications, intense waiting games, and last minute shopping sprees for interview outfits. 

And it's been another year of loving her and being grateful every single day for having this woman in my life. 













7 comments:

  1. I love this slice! Not only do we wish our kids the happiest of birthdays but all of your writing is capturing them throughout the years. The photos are a great touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous that there are a collection of birthday posts she can read now that she's 26 and a Slicer!
    I knew there were a lot of essays, but I didn't realize there were 87! (I love that you counted. I totally would've done that.)
    Happy birthday, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will visit to wish Julia a personal, "Happy Birthday, " but writing "over a decade of essays" about her, chronicling the both of you growing together into strong women? That's the greatest gift! Congratulations & JOY! 💐🎉

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best! Loved reading all of these again <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You forgot to say that while it's been tense and intense it's also been rewarding!!!! We have a future DOC on our hands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky are you both to have a collection of birthday slices. Honestly, it is capturing memories for my family that keeps me coming back. Happy Birthday, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great that a March birthday has led to LOTS and LOTS of documentation of a busy and productive life. BEST of luck in your journey ahead and happy birthday, too.

    ReplyDelete