Saturday, March 18, 2023

Slice of Life 2023: 19 of 31- Happy Birthday to Julia

 

It's March, and March is for slicing.  Anyone is welcome to join us through Two Writing Teachers, slicing, sharing, and commenting on other slices! 

  



ATTENTION VISITORS: 
If you leave a comment, please include your name in it! So often all I see is "anonymous", and I REALLY want to know who is commenting! Thank you!

I have a much more joyful post today than I had yesterday! 

Since Julia was 14, I've posted every year on her birthday. She's the lucky daughter with a birthday during March, so her day gets an annual slice. (Although this year, there will be a special half-birthday shout-out in a couple of days!)

Julia was home for a week because of spring break, and for a couple of days, it was just the two of us, an unusual occurrence in a family with four daughters. We shopped and ate and watched basketball and laughed together. 

"I could roadtrip down to see you on your actual birthday," I offered. 

She shook her head. "We'll be way too busy," she said. 

My head knows she's way too busy. My heart is with her, though, celebrating this incredible woman who entered my life twenty-five years ago today. 

Happy birthday to Julia! 


Please know that Julia wasn't really in handcuffs... I mean she was, but it was the result of her winning a family scavenger hunt. She got a LOT of points for convincing the local cops to put her in handcuffs! 

All good things,



7 comments:

  1. Sometimes when I get sad about the girls getting older, I imagine these moments you described- hanging out and enjoying each others company. Happy birthday to your girl! ❤️ Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so fortunate to have four daughters and great that you got to have special time with Julia before her actual birthday. You sure look alike! Happy birthday Julia...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Julia to have an annual love letter from her momma this past decade. It is apparent how much you adore her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw happy happy birthday to Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy milestone birthday to Julia! The time goes so quickly. And it's bittersweet that kids grow into adults with such full and active lives; it is what we wish for them, but...alas...they have busy lives. What a gift it was for you two to have that recent time together.

    ReplyDelete