Saturday, March 2, 2019

Slice of Life 2019 4 of 31: Yes, I like my space

Throughout the month of March, I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge. I am happy to co-host this event with the team at Two Writing Teachers. Everyone is welcome!


One of the blog posts I've read in the last few days talked about her imaginary writing spot, and as I read it, I sort of giggled. She was thinking about a view, a few favorite things, a cup of coffee...

Tonight as I sit and write, I have my chocolate and my book in case I'm in need of a break from writing.  (If you look closely, I also have my best friends in my wedding party in one picture and my daughters in another picture. I also have my important saying square: Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life love gives us a fairy tale.)


It's Saturday, and it's after 6, so instead of a mug of coffee, I have a glass of chardonnay-- always good for the creative spirit. Last week, I heard that we should write drunk and edit sober. The person who said it gave credit to Hemingway. I like it. 

I have a great view from my window that maybe I'll share when it's not so dark one day. I look out on gardens and a stream, as well as many trees. I'd prefer flowers, but the snow is pretty from above. 



And the other great thing about my writing place is my portable heater. It makes it hard to leave! 


And my family wonders why I like to write... I've made it a pretty great part of my life!


Happy Slicing,




11 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this slice for so many reasons. I love the detail and the pictures- it all seems so cozy. Here's the part that made me most jealous- you wrote Monday's post on Saturday- that kind of writing ahead is something I only dream of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it makes you feel better, I just set the post up on Saturday with the idea to hang on to, and I don't know the tech well enough to make it all go in order! If I write ideas on drive, then the format ends up all off!

      Delete
  2. I love your space! I love the description of your space. The pictures add to it all! I think I could create my own space and it would be similar to yours - it would definitely include coffee, maybe whiskey or beer instead of wine, and definitely Dove chocolate! Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll try whisky one night and see what that does to the writing life!

      Delete
  3. omg, write drunk and edit sober. IN LOVE with that line, and your space. It does make it so nice to have a space that is all yours for a specific purpose, in this case, writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing space looks so inviting. My writing space is in a state of disarray because of our renovations, but the end is in sight and I'm looking forward to creating a new, inspiring space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wrote a very similar post - stay tuned for tomorrow. We would like to write with each other -- although I prefer sauvignon blanc. I love that line from Hemingway - I might need an important saying square -- what is that?? Love the gift of this month and that you are a part of that gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love learning a little bit about your writing spot. And I might steal this idea... except in all honesty I move around a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that your writing space looks so inviting, though I think it'd be even cozier with a cat!! I usually write a couple of times during the month about the space where I'm writing. I'm looking forward to a visit tomorrow to my favorite coffee shop and might have to do a coffee shop slice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, going to leave the cats to you, Elisabeth!!!

      Delete
  8. Chardonnay and chocolate and a beautiful view - you can't but help to love the writing space.

    ReplyDelete