Monday, March 4, 2019

Slice of Life 2019 5 of 31: My Writing Bribes

Throughout the month of March, I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge. I am happy to co-host this event with the team at Two Writing Teachers. Everyone is welcome!


Even as I sit here this morning, my mind is on breakfast. I make a deal with myself.

"Once I get this post done, as well as set up ones for the next two days, I can get up and make some breakfast."

I make a lot of deals with myself when I am in writing mode.

I can play two WWF moves, as long as I write a page once those are done.

I can walk the dog once I complete two posts. 

A revised chapter gets me filled up bowl of popcorn. 

If I sit down to write at night--which is harder for me than in the morning-- I get a glass of wine!

The one thing I DON'T bribe myself with is coffee. That I'm just allowed to have.

Happy Slicing!



7 comments:

  1. Coffee - especially early morning - is a non negotiable.
    I loved how you encouraged yourself to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your thinking. Perhaps I will include one of your evening bribes, but so far I have been able to get it all done in the morning before school or before I leave school for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fun. I get ice cream when I finish grading essays. Definitely you should never deprive yourself of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've promised myself a piece of chocolate after I comment on every post I have opened in a tab. I have 3 more to go after yours. :) It's great motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often play these games with myself to get through things. Whatever works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ME TOO. Chips, cookies, and chocolate are some of my favorite rewards : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reward of a glass of wine motivates me to do most anything.

    ReplyDelete