Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Slice of Life 2023: 14 of 31- A Slicer Workshop

 

It's March, and March is for slicing.  Anyone is welcome to join us through Two Writing Teachers, slicing, sharing, and commenting on other slices! 

  



ATTENTION VISITORS: 
If you leave a comment, please include your name in it! So often all I see is "anonymous", and I REALLY want to know who is commenting! Thank you!

"Of course it's not too late," I responded to a couple of slicers who emailed late Saturday afternoon for a Zoom link. "We'd love to have you, even if it's a super small group."

The groups have been super small or not at all for this 2023 initiative, but on Sunday morning, that didn't matter. The connection mattered. At 9, I opened the Zoom meeting and faces appeared. Faces whose lives I've peeked into. Faces I've known through my imagination and a photo or two shared in a post or a profile picture. 

We greeted each other and navigated the space of introductions-- of deciding how much to include, how much to leave out, how much time to take up and how much time to leave for others. 

"Why are you here?" I asked, wanting to make sure that everyone left with the hope they came with fulfilled. I especially loved one of the responses, sharing that she'd been reading about another one of the slicers for years and wanted to meet her somewhat in person. By the end of the time, the two of them were plotting how they would meet IRL one day. 

I had a hard stop in order to be on time for a different meeting, but for almost an hour, faces from Vancouver, mid-coastal (although I might say northern coastal) Maine, New Jersey, upstate New York, and Connecticut shared a new dimension to their slicing lives. And at the end of the time, there were new connections, ideas, and plans for the future. 

If you are reading this, and you are interested in a future Slicer Workshop, please let me know. The explanation is here and if there's interest, we'll schedule more of them. 

All good things,


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the one I led so I'm glad you did too. It's a nice way for us to connect across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful & valuable in a way I wasn't expecting!! I am hoping that there will be more in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting. I was one of the lucky few to start my day with connection in the meet up. I have been looking for everyones slices since to keep the connection going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! I know the reason I showed up to the Anaheim get-together with Slicers IRT is because of the meet-up on Zoom with Stacey last year. See you in Columbus!

    ReplyDelete