Friday, March 3, 2023

Slice of Life 2023: 3 of 31- It's good she's cute

  


It's March, and March is for slicing.  Anyone is welcome to join us through Two Writing Teachers, slicing, sharing, and commenting on other slices! 

  



ATTENTION VISITORS: 
If you leave a comment, please include your name in it! So often all I see is "anonymous", and I REALLY want to know who is commenting! Thank you!


I have a very cute dog. A very sweet dog. 

And a very naughty dog. 

The full disclosure is that Winnie has come into our lives because of our daughter Clare. You can meet Clare since she has come on board the 2023 SOLSC, and she's pretty wonderful, and mostly her dog (who lives with us) is also wonderful. But sneaky and sly. And she has an unquenchable desire to chew and an uncanny ability to find things that I wish she wouldn't. 

Earlier in the evening, I headed down to the basement for a Peloton ride, but, since I was talking to a friend, I had my airpods in. I did not want them, but there's no space for them on the bike. I tried to balance them in the space for weights or water bottles, but predictably they both fell to the ground on the side of the Peloton. 

"No problem," I said to myself. "I'll get them after my ride." I am not going to clip out to pick up a pair of stray airpods that I don't want in my ears.

 (I should have.)

I finished my ride, headed upstairs, changed, got dinner, and settled into commenting and basketball watching. Then I remembered my airpods. When I headed downstairs, I could only find one. Funny. I knew both had fallen. I knew both were right around the same place. 

Then I remembered that cute, sweet, and VERY naughty dog had come down to say hello when I was stretching after my ride. She would not have taken and chewed my airpod. 

Oh, yes should would have. 


It's good she's cute and sweet. 





Happy slicing, 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I've seen that look before (see my post!). Our Sophie is a master at getting to things she's not supposed to and chewing them up. She hasn't eaten her breakfast this morning and I'm wondering what she got into to eat before I feed her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and airpods, man. What number is that???

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. THAT. FACE! I couldn't be angry long! And oh, the dogs and people our kids bring into our lives..sigh....but in the end, how much richer we are because of it.

    ReplyDelete